Thursday, March 2, 2017

Danger or Opportunity?

A very interesting thing my teacher told us was about the Chinese characters for Crisis. It looks some thing like this:



To articulate the word Crisis in Chinese, they use two characters, the character for danger and the one for opportunity. How interesting is that? These two things are sitting side by side. I feel like this goes back to the ABCX model. Do we let these things only be a danger? Or do we let it be an opportunity for growth and learning? It is up to us what we gain from the situation.
(I do not own images.)

2 comments:

  1. So cool! I think that totally makes sense. After all, if we come out on top of a crisis then it empowers us, hence the opportunity to make us better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I really liked this thought! Its pretty powerful!

    ReplyDelete