Friday, January 27, 2017

What is Class?


We talked quite a bit about what makes someone “classy” and what makes someone “cultured”. We watched these videos seeing different people from social economic classes, and what I realized is that “class” at least in my opinion, has nothing to do with how big your checkbook is. People base what they judge about people on many different things, Money, Ancestry, mannerisms, education, property or location, speech patterns, and dress and grooming, etc. Most of us look at those things and form an opinion on someone, but perceptions are not always realistic. You can have all the money in the world, yet still not be someone to look up to.
















What I understand and feel is that people’s worth is not something to be defined by material things. The impact someone makes on others has to do with WHO they are inside. It has to do with how they treat people. I also find those who are truly happy are not always those with material status or wealth, but those who have fulfilling personal and family lives. The people I look up to and admire are not really rich, famous, or well know. They are people who have impacted my life in a positive manner. Those who have believed in me, those who have supported, loved, and helped me in this journey of life. They are those people who love and serve God; they are example of what followers of Christ should be. To me these people are “classy” these people make a difference in this world. In a world where we are so caught up in the Hollywood and worldly ways, we often forget what really matters. To me, people matter, no matter who they are, no matter what their economic or material status, we are all children of God, and we should treat each other as such. I think real “classy” people love others and are kind.















(I do not own images)

2 comments:

  1. Did you have any thoughts on the difference between classy and cultured? I guess it just seems to me that the two can often mean the same thing, but your ideas here on classy are leading me to think they might be separate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what we were studying and learning, some of it depends on how you would define the terms. I kind of feel like being cultured often has to do with manners, but it has some similarities as classy. What do you think? I would love to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete